Father of late Afro-Dancehall musician Ebony Reigns, Nana Poku Kwarteng is back in the news after going on a partial hibernation.
Known for his strong desire for money, Nana Poku returned on his daily media tour seeking attention and wanting to drain Ebony’s management of every little pesewa they’ve made off her.
Two days ago, he bounced back, accusing Bullet (manager of Ebony) of cheating him out of proceeds made at her tribute concert held at the Trade Fair Centre in her honour.
He claimed he only received GHC 2,000 out of GHC 40,000 realised after the concert.
But, in Bullet’s response yesterday (August 14), we realised Nana Poku Kwarteng could be (or better still, is) greedier than Ananias and Sapphira in the Bible story.
Here are some 10 reasons why we think Nana Poku Kwarteng’s greediness is beyond everyone’s understanding.
1. He squandered all funeral donations without saying a common ‘thank you’ to Ebony’s label
“I went around looking for funds to support the funeral (Bola Ray is my witness). All the money they donated you took all and didn’t even say ‘thank you Bullet’ (remember these are people you don’t know from anywhere but my own people who wanted to support cos of me,” Bullet revealed in a Facebook post.
2. Nana Poku took more than he deserved in Ebony’s GTP funeral clothing deal
“There was a cloth deal, and you wanted more percentage, so I gave you 10 per cent of my share, you didn’t say ‘thank you’,” Bullet said.
3. He squandered all the awards’ prizes from Ebony’s VGMA Awards
“VGMA Award money I was entitled to my percentage, but I gave all to you, you didn’t say ‘thank you’,” Bullet revealed.
4. There was another tribute concert in Ohio, US – Nana Poku took all the proceeds
“Ohio tribute concert, I didn’t take my percentage. I gave all to you, still, you didn’t say thank you,” Bullet revealed.
5. He contributed ZERO to the bandsmen’s performance fee at his own daughter’s funeral
“The funeral, I spent over 5,000 cedis being payment of bandsmen, you didn’t say thank you and I didn’t even ask you to give it back to me from all the cash people donated because I was doing for Ohemaa,” Bullet said.
6. Even when mourning, he sent his boys to monitor the gate during Ebony’s tribute concert. That’s the height of his greediness!
“[At] the tribute concert, you brought your men to check the gate proceeds. Whatever we made was counted by the bank in presence of your men, Kasapreko and Rufftown. Everything was transparent so why attack me?” Bullet revealed.
7. Ebony’s dad owns 40% of her royalties instead of 10-20% but still complaining about money
“I wrote and own 95 per cent of ebony’s album. By law, Ebony is supposed to earn between 10-20 per cent royalties but I gave her 40 per cent,” he revealed.
8. Nana Poku received GHC 45,291 from Ebony’s royalties but still complaining
“[A] a few weeks ago, you received 9,300 US dollars from online royalties and you still going around saying Bullet is cheating when I have given you 40per cent of my own right instead of 10 or 20percent?” Bullet revealed.
9. He has sidelined Ebony’s partner label MidasTouch Inc., so he can have everything for himself
“You have sidelined Midas touch my partners but they will soon come and talk!” Bullet revealed.
10. Last but not the least, what did he do with the 50,000 cedis physical cash donated by Zylofon Media and Menzgold if he claims he set up her daughter’s foundation without Bullet?