President of the Republic, Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo has made the following changes to the composition of his government with immediate effect.
They are as follows:
- 1. John Peter Amewu, former Minister for Lands and Natural Resources and acting Minister for Energy is now Minister for Energy;
- 2. Kwaku Asomah-Cheremeh, former Brong Ahafo Regional Minister, is Minister for Lands and Natural Resources;
3. Hon. Kofi Adda, MP for Navrongo constituency and former minister for Sanitation and Water Resources, is now Minister for Aviation;
4. Cecilia Abena Dapaah, former Minister for Aviation, is now Minister for Sanitation and Water Resources;
5. Dr. Mustapha Abdul-Hamid, former Minister for Information, is now Minister for Inner City and Zongo Development;
6. Hon. Kojo Oppong Nkrumah, MP for Obuase/Ayirebi constituency and former Deputy Minister for Information, is now Minister for Information designate;
7. Hon. Cynthia Morrison, MP for Agona West constituency is now Minister for Gender, Children, and Social protection designate;
8. Paulina Tangoba Abayage, former Ambassador to Italy, is now Upper East Regional Minister-designate
9. Hon. Evans Opoku Bobie, MP for Asunafo North constituency and former deputy Brong Ahafo regional Minister, is now Brong Ahafo Regional Minister designate;
10. Hon. Martin Oti Grako, MP for Techiman North constituency is now Deputy Brong Ahafo Regional Minister designate;
11. Hon. Boniface Abubakar Saddique, MP for Madina constituency and former Minister for Inner City and Zongo Development, is now Minister of State at the Office of the Vice President;
12. Rockson Bukari, former Upper East Regional Minister, is now Minister of State at the Office of the President;
13. Pius Enam Hadzide, former deputy Minister for Youth and Sports, is now Deputy Minister for Information;
14. Perry Curtis Okudzeto, former deputy Minister for Information is now Deputy Minister for Youth and Sports;
15. Otiko Afisa Djaba, former Minister for Gender, Children and Social Protection, is now Ambassador-designate to Italy.
President Akufo-Addo is hopeful that Parliament will expedite the vetting of the Ministers-designate for Information, Gender, Children and Social Protection and the Regional Ministers-designate for Upper East and Brong Ahafo, as well as the deputy Regional Minister-designate for Brong Ahafo, so they can assume their respective offices as quickly as possible.
Director Of Communications