Madam Jean Mensa has been named by President Akufo-Addo as successor to the sacked Mrs Charlotte Osei as the new head of the Electoral Commission of Ghana.
Most people may or may not know a lot about the woman tasked with heading all electoral activities of the Republic so Ghanafuo.com has a few key things you need to know about your new EC Boss.
1. She is married with three children.
2. She is a lawyer by profession and a leader of thought in Ghana on governance and democratic issues.
3. Mrs Jean Adukwei Mensa is currently the Executive Director of the Institute of Economic Affairs (IEA), and Coordinator of the Ghana Political Parties Programme.
4. She was involved in the development of policy alternatives including the Presidential Transition Act of 2012; the Revised 1992 Constitution of Ghana (draft); the Political Parties Funding Bill and the Revised Political Parties Bill.
5. She won the award as “Young Professional Role Model In Governance Of The Year 2014”.
High profile personalities who have received this honorary award include H.E. John Dramani Mahama, when he was the Vice President of the Republic of Ghana; H.E. John Agyekum Kuffuor, former President of the Republic of Ghana; Dr Joyce Aryee; Dr Joseph Agyapong; Mrs Mawuena Trebarh; and Dr Esi Ansah amongst others.
More updates to follow soon.