Parliamentary Aspirant for the Progressive Peoples Party in the K lottery Korley Constituency in the Greater Accra region, Eva Lokko, has passed on, reports in the local media indicates.
The woman of steel who was the running mate of the Progressive Peoples Party in the 2012 elections has joined the unedifying number of great personalities who have been lost this year due to various causes.
Here are 6 things you should know about this great personality.
1. She is an old girl of Wesley Girls High School in Cape Coast.
2. Mad. Eva Lokko was an engineer by profession and the first female technical person to have been employed by the Ghana Broadcasting Corporation.
3. She was part of the engineers who installed and maintained Ghana’s First colour television infrastructure in 1985.
4. She has worked in over 40 countries in the world and is the Chief Executive Officer of Totally Youth, a Non – Governmental Organization based in Accra.
5. In 2002, she was appointed the Director-General of the Ghana Broadcasting Corporation making her the first woman to have held the position since the corporation was established in 1953.
6. Eva Lokko was the flagbearer of the Progressive Peoples Party in the 2012 general elections but was aspiring for the position as a Member of Parliament for Klottey Korle until her sudden death today, October 6 In the United State of America where she was flown to for treatment.