Some people find an activity they enjoy and do it on a daily basis. Activities such as walking, bike riding or running, are being done daily to stay physically fit. Others also hit the gym aiming to shed off some fats at some parts of the body.
We know most ladies want to have that celeb-looking flat tummy but going to the gym is the big problem. So, here are simple exercises you can practice at home that can help you achieve your flat tummy.
- To do this, lie straight on the floor with your arms by your sides
- Then raise your legs over your hips at 90 degrees. Feet are flexed.
- Then lift your hips off the floor using your core muscles while your legs are reaching towards the ceiling then return to start.
- Repeat for at least 10-15 times.
2. The plank
3. The side plank
This exercise is great for strengthening your core muscles and is also good for the back.
- Lie down flat on your tummy and then come up on your palms and toes, lifting your knees off the floor.
- Suck your tummy in and hold your body as straight as possible
- Breath in deeply hold your breath then try and hold the pose for at least 30 seconds
- Rest and then repeat again for 2-3 times
- To get it right, lay on the floor and hold your hands by your ears rather than behind your head as many people do. This is said to prevent a neck strain.
- Then bend your knees with your feet on the floor, lift your shoulders and upper back up, away from the floor with your face pointing to the ceiling.
- Exhale as you come up as far as you can, hold for a second, then inhale as you return to the starting position. Repeat 15-25 times.
5. The twist crunch
This exercise works on the lower tummy muscles even more and gives support and strength to your lower back
- Start with the same position as the crunches but this time, raise yourself up slowly then twist your body from the waist (not back and shoulders).
- Then bring your elbow towards your knee while inhaling, untwist and go to starting position.
- Then start again but this time, use the opposite side.
- Repeat on each side 10-15 times.
6. Leg drop
- Lie on the floor while your legs are over your hips at 90 degrees.
- Slowly lower your legs as low as you can without touching the floor, but make sure not to lift your lower back.
- Then raise your legs to the starting position.
- Repeat for at least 10 times.
7. The Pilate hundred exercise.
This is a personal favourite. This exercise tests the core strength and builds it better. It defines your tummy muscle and gives you a strong healthy back.